The following list is the suggested amount of clothes necessary for camp. Please make sure that you have enough clothing for rainy weather. Adjust it to your personal needs. Remember that storage space is pretty limited! MARK THE CLOTHING CLEARLY WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME. During the registration process you may choose to purchase labels for clothing, shoes, backpacks, etc. Packing expendable clothing rather than new clothes is preferred should anything be lost.
- 2 Sets of Sleepwear
- 1 Light Jacket
- 3-5 Pairs of Shorts
- 2 Pair of Long Pants
- 7 Pairs of Underwear
- 2 Long Sleeved Shirts
- 7 Pairs of Socks
- 7 Short Sleeved Shirts
- 2 Sweatshirts
- 2 Pairs of Sneakers
- 2 Swimsuits (one piece)
- Sun Hat
- Flip Flops/Water Shoes
- Disposable Camera (labeled with name) - Camera Phones are not allowed at camp
- Beach Towel
- 2 BathTowels, 2 washclothes, 1 hand towel (optional)
- 1 Pair Waterproof Shoes/Boots for Rainy Days
- 1 Raincoat & Hat or Poncho
- 1 Flashlight with batteries (labeled w/name)
- Insect Repellent
- Toiletries /Personal items (suggested items)
- Toothbrush & Case w/ Toothpaste
- 1 bar of soap in storage container
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Bug repellent
- Kit /bucket to keep everything in
- Nail clippers
- Gold bond powder or similar
- Extra eye glasses/contacts/solution
- Pillow and pillow case
- Sheets and blankets or sleeping bag (mattress cover, if desired)
We strongly suggest bringing more than one pair of sneakers with you to camp; one pair can get wet quickly. Closed-toed sneakers or boots are required for certain program areas. There will be evening events every night of camp.
If your camper is dependent on their handheld video game or portable DVD player, and you are concerned about them being without these items, please contact Wendy at 813-702-8428 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should campers leave at home?
The following items are NOT allowed at camp:
- CELL PHONES, SMART PHONES (Headsets for music - relaxation time?)
- computers/tablets, handheld video games, iPods, MP3 Players, video cameras
- alcohol or illicit drugs. If weapons, alcohol or illicit drugs are brought to camp, you nor your camper will be permitted to stay for the session. If Mobile Phones of any type are brought to camp they will be stored in the office and returned on the last day of camp. Camp Idlewild is not responsible for lost or stolen items.