2019 Team Opportunities
Calling all cabin counselors, program directors, activity specialists and volunteers! We need you! If you want to be an integral part of creating a super summer camp for kids with Autism, Camp Idlewild is the place for you! We are a brand new camp and are super excited to be developing our camp from the ground up. If you are a talented, experienced and caring individual we want to meet you!
From Our Camp Directors
Things you should know...
- Counselors must be 18 years old or older and…
- Exhibit leadership skills
- Take initiative
- Be flexible
- Have a high level of self-awareness
- Understand the basics of behavior management
- Have the ability to manage your own special health need, if applicable, and
- Have compassion
- Experience in a camp setting with children age 6 – 17 preferred
- Counselors do not have to have previous camp experience, but it is helpful!
- Volunteer and paid positions are available
- To protect our campers, the Florida Statutes/law requires all summer camp personnel to be screened, including; owners, operators, employees and volunteers that provide summer care for children. If you are selected to be a part of our Staff, an independent agency will be used to perform a complete background check.
- Drug testing can be administered at any time after arrival to camp and again throughout the summer.
- Paid positions require a full summer commitment (Staff Training and Five – Six-day Sessions Listed Below)
- We also enroll a small number of Counselors in Training (CIT) for those interested in developing leaderships skills in a camp setting. Counselors in Training must be 15 to 17 years.
- Staff Training is Mandatory! Counselors in Training must attend pre-camp training. Staff training is based on position.
- Staff must provide their own travel to and from camp. We are happy to provide ground transportation to and from the Tampa International Airport.
- Counselor positions are highly competitive. Spending a summer working at a camp is the perfect way to supplement an academic education with real skills that employers look for in potential hires.
- We encourage anyone with experience working with children and a love of the outdoors to apply.
Online Application will be available soon!