Camp Idlewild of Florida is a new facility and camping program. We have completed phase one construction of facilities and developed programs with attention to best practices and American Camp Association Standards.
Phase 1 of Construction--Camp facilities include the following:
- (4) Custom Built Cabins: with a capacity of 12 people per cabin
- Main Lodge: a 5,000+ square foot multi-purpose building that houses: a dining room, activity or conference room, a beautiful gas fireplace, a commercial kitchen, a medical room for the Camp Nurse and a large screened-in porch on the back of the building.
- Large Fire Ring: to provide hours of fun for campfires, smores and drum circles.
- Outdoor Activity Pavilion and Sports Field: will provide a multi-purpose space for sports & games and other outside activities.
- 65 Acre Spring-Fed Lake: will provide the perfect place to enjoy fishing, canoeing, paddle boating pontoon boat rides and a designated swimming area.
- Hammocks: several hammocks will sway under the moss of the trees in the shade to provide a nice relaxing spot to read a book or enjoy the sounds of nature.
- (5) Full Hookup RV Sites: a unique feature for families who would like to schedule a family getaway or for rental groups to use during our off-season months throughout the year.
Phase 2 of Construction--Completion of these projects will be dependent on fundraising efforts:
- (4) Additional Cabins
- Swimming Pool Complex with Bath House
- Large Multi-purpose Building
- Recreation/Sports Center with activity rooms built on each end
- Health Lodge
- “Swamp Shack” Nature Center
- Low and High Ropes Course with climbing walls and zip line